The highly anticipated latest installment in the wildly popular Persona series by prolific JRPG developer Atlus, Persona 5, now has a confirmed release date for its North American localization!
This information was released in the wake of an announcement that Persona 5 would be one of the featured games for this year’s upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) at the Los Angeles Convention Center, with a playable demo to be displayed at the event, along with further details on pre-order/launch deals offered by Atlus NA.
The confirmed date for the North American release of Persona 5 is Valentine’s Day, 14th February 2017; certainly a fitting date considering that one of the title’s taglines is ‘Take Your Heart’. The Japanese release date, meanwhile, is slated to be on the 15th of September 2016 if you intend to purchase it. The game is confirmed to be released for the Sony PlayStation 4 and Sony PlayStation 3.
Furthermore, Atlus NA representative John Hardin has revealed a very, very special premium pack for what has been stated to be the biggest, best Persona title yet by the series creators themselves!
The Persona 5 ‘Take Your Heart’ Premium Edition is exclusive to those who pre-order the PS4 version of the game, and will include:
- A 64-page hardcover art book featuring behind-the-scenes artwork by character designer Shigenori Soejima, including concept sketches, character art and much much more!
- A soundtrack CD which comes in a stylish CD sleeve featuring special Persona 5 artwork, and contains selected tracks by series composer Shoji Meguro.
- A SteelBook® collectible case printed with a striking illustration and is purportedly as strong as a vault, which keeps your game CD safe and sound.
- A Japanese school bag bearing the emblem of the protagonists’ school, Shujin High School in a corner. This bag matches the one carried by the main character, known as The Phantom!
- A 4 inch tall plushie of Morgana, the game’s cat(?) mascot voiced by Ikue Otani.
- And a stylish collector’s box to put all your goodies into!
This premium pack will be available for USD89.99. For USD59.99, you may also get just the SteelBook® containing the game, which is identical to the one included with the Premium Edition. This SteelBook® will come with all pre-orders, and a very limited number of launch copies! Meanwhile, the PS3 version of the game will be sold in a regular plastic case at USD49.99.
Those going for this year’s E3 may be interested to note that the pass for this year will bear ultra-stylish Persona 5 designs, with exclusive giveaways at the Atlus booth (West Hall, Booth #4810) including a rakish cat-eared beanie with Morgana‘s smug face on it! Character designer Shigenori Soejima will also be gracing the event, and will be hosting a talk on the character designs for Persona 5 at 3pm on the 14th of June, an autograph session at 11am on the 15th of June and a Q&A session at 11am on the 16th of June! According to the pass, there may also be more guests coming under Atlus‘ banner!
Get ready, world, because the Phantom Thieves are going to Take Your Heart very, very soon!
Featured image © Famitsu